Maintaining Your SprayChic Tan
Maintaining your tan is as simple as babying your skin. After your spray tan session, be sure to follow the rinse off timeline that was discussed with your SprayChic Expert. A spray tan will last 5-7 days with proper preparation and maintenance. Be gentle with your skin, and you will enjoy amazing, long-lasting results.
Follow these instructions for the 5-7 days after your spray tan application.
- Do not soak in the bathtub.
- Avoid long, hot showers as these speed up the fading of your tan by drying out your skin.
- Do not use a loofah, mesh pouf or washcloth.
- Do not use regular bar soap or body wash as this can alter the pH levels in your skin. Our recommendation is to use the Norvell pH Balancing Cleanser, which is available for purchase at SprayChic Airbrush Tanning.
- Do not shave for 24 hours. Always use a fresh razor when shaving. The more frequently you shave the quicker the tan will fade. Try to use lighter pressure on the shinbone if possible.
- Always pat skin dry. Avoid rubbing with the towel.
Stay Moisturized and Hydrated
"My Face is Lighter After a Few Days"
Expect the face to fade faster especially if you cleanse, exfoliate or use an astringent every day.
Supplementing the tan with Norvell 4 Faces, or the Norvell Venetian Sunless Mist for the Face, is the best way to maintain the tan on the face and can be used for touch-ups all over.
This handy little product is super easy to use. Don’t be discouraged that it is a sunless tanner. It’s not scary at all when you think of it as a makeup rather than a sunless tanning spray. The instructions are on the bottle, but we find that most people like to be shown how to apply it. Ask your SprayChic Expert to demonstrate it for you at your visit. You can also watch SprayChic owner, Carissa, apply the product and discuss it here.